UMTAS is a long range anti-tank missile system primarily developed to operate from attack helicopter platforms. UMTAS is equipped with state of the art technologies making it effective against all armored threats of the modern battlefield.
Click to see brochure.
- Day-Night and All Weather Operational Capability
- Fire/and/Forget & Fire/and/Update Operation Modes
- Capability of Target Update Enables
– Fire Behind Mask
– Fire Against Targets Hiding Behind Mask
– Accurate Aim Point Adjustment
- Tandem High Explosive Anti-Tank Warhead Effective Against
– All Types of Heavy Armored Vehicles Within 8 km Range
- Effective Against Stationary and Moving Targets
- Wide Firing Envelope Allows Off-Boresight Engagement
- Insensitive Munition Characteristics Against
– Fuel Fire and Bullet Impact
- Two-Way Communication with RF Data Link
- Direct and Top Attack
- Insensitive Munitions (Level V)
- Tandem Warhead Effective Against Reactive Armors
- Integration to Various Platforms (Helicopter, UAV, Land Vehicle, Stationary Platform, Light Attack Aircraft, Naval Platform)
- IIR or Laser Seeker Options
- Lock on Before / After – Launch
- Fire and Forget / Fire and Update Properties
- RF Data Link
- Smokeless Composite Solid Propellant
UMTAS has been developed as the long range anti-tank missile system for the attack helicopters. In addition to the attack helicopters, integration to land vehicle is ongoing.
UMTAS has already been integrated to T-129 Turkish ATAK Helicopter. In addition, UMTAS is the primary anti-tank weapon of the T-129 ATAK Helicopter, the “national” attack helicopter of Turkey. In addition to the T-129 ATAK helicopters, the process of integration on various platforms with the MIL-STD-1760 and MIL-STD-1553 standards is ongoing.
Land and Sea Platforms
The integration of UMTAS on armored land vehicles and towed/fixed land platforms ongoing.
||500 m – 8000 m
||Imaging Infra-Red (IIR)
||Tandem High Explosive/Anti-tank Warhead/High Explosive Blast/Fragmentation Warhead
|Number of Missiles
||Direct and Top Attack