Precision Guided Missiles
Long range UMTAS is an anti-tank precision guided missile system that has been developed for use primarily on attack helicopters.
The missile’s Imaging Infrared Seeker permits its use at day or night, and in adverse weather conditions, and its RF data link provides it with flexible operational capabilities. The missile can be used in fire-and-forget or fire-and-update mode with lock-on before launch or lock-on after launch capabilities. The hitting point on the target can also be updated during flight.
Its precision guidance and control capability, together with its tandem anti-armor warhead, make UMTAS an effective weapon system against armored targets.
• Day-Night and All-Weather Operational Capability
• Effective Against Stationary and Moving Targets
• Capability of Target Update Enables:
– Update of Aim Point on the Target
– Switching Targets During Flight
– Fire Behind Mask
• Insensitive Munition Characteristics Against Fuel Fire and Bullet Impact
• T129 ATAK Attack H/C
• S70-B SEAHAWK H/C
• HÜRKUŞ-C Light Attack A/C
• Platforms that have MIL-STD-1760 and MIL-STD-1553 Interfaces
UMTAS can be integrated onto naval platforms with stabilized weapon systems, as well as armored vehicles and fixed/towed land platforms.
|Range||500 - 8,000 m|
|Warhead Types||Tandem Against Reactive Armor |
High Explosive Blast Fragmentation
|Attack Modes||Direct/Top Attacks|